Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Let's Play Dress Up.

Nicole Richie plays dress up for Spring for ELLE'S Creative Director Joe Zee.
Richie shares her dress-up tips, sit back and relax as the House of Harlow 1960 designer takes us for a ride!


Layering Lesson

What inspired you to put a House of Harlow sweater under this Alexander Wang jumper?

My daughter actually taught me this trick. She is the girliest girl ever, so the only way I can get her dressed in the winter is to put turtlenecks under her dresses. And I think that’s so chic.

What about the flats?

I wear flat shoes all the time. There’s not anything cute about waddling in some heels that you’re not comfortable in. My one rule is that I always wear flats to weddings.

Why?

Because I want to dance! I want to be there all night. And I know people get cray.


Get Knit

How do you feel about this turn as a Céline sweater girl?

It’s cool, and it’s new for me. You kind of introduced me! I’m a huge fan of Céline, but I don’t wear a lot of sweater dresses—but this is really comfortable, and I can wear it to work.

What compels you to try something new?

It’s about listening to your friends and having fun with it.


Print Party

Prints play a huge role in my life. This outfit had every reason to go wrong, but we just kept adding prints and it turned out great. I really like the pants, and I’m a huge fan of the bed jacket.

Would you ever do that jacket over a short dress?

Well, I don’t wear a lot of little short dresses. I like them when you can appreciate the length of the leg—which I don’t have. I’m 5'1".


Night for Night

So where would you wear this over-the-top Balmain?

This is my take-the-kids-to-school look.

I think we should just screw day-to-night dressing and wear night for night.

Yeah, there are very sassy nights when you need this! I’d just really tone it down with the hair and not wear any makeup. You have to find one thing that’s a standout, and then keep everything else clean.


Semi-Casual Friday

This look is by your friend Anthony Vaccarello.
When I first look at his pieces, I’m like, 'There is no way!' They’re always one centimeter away from being naked. But then it works.

What drew you to this outfit?

The very opposite constructions. The whole miniskirt-with-the-tight-top thing is not really me. But I can wear a miniskirt if I wear a big top over it. Then I don’t feel so woo-woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment