Thursday, April 7, 2011

ELLE x Women of Music.

ELLE celebrates all the legends that still rock our world and new comers.
They honor the women in music sounding of 2011!
See if your favorite singers/rappers made the list.
Powered by ELLE

 

Stefani addresses how she writes her hits "Why wouldn’t you want that many people listening to the songs that you wrote? So the intentions of even the solo records were always about trying to write those guilty-pleasure albums that just get in your head and you can’t get out. Prince, who is one of my idols, gave me some advice when I worked with him: “Have you ever just tried writing a hit? Like, don’t just try writing a song, try and write a hit song.” I remember him saying that and me thinking, Yeah, you’re right. Why would you write anything else?”
Catch Gwen Stefani on the front cover issue of ELLE's May issue




ADELE

Adele addresses the songs she wrote about her ex, "We’re not on great enough terms for me to say, ‘Oh, have you heard my record? It’s number one; did you know?”
Adele sports: Model dress, Burberry London, $795, Gunmetal, sterling silver, and pavé necklace, Eddie Borgo, $1,187.

NICKI MINAJ



Nicki speaks on being a rapper, "I always wanted to play with the boys. I didn’t want to be a pawn in their game or have a sidekick role. I wanted to be more of a lead character – a superhero.”
Nicki sports Knit minidress, Mark Fast, $1,595, at Curve, NYC and L.A. Elastane bodysuit, Maison Martin Margiela, $310. Suede wedge boots, Giuseppe Zanotti Design, $1,100.

JENNIFER HUDSON


Hudson speaks on the changes in her life, "My surroundings and my lifestyle are different, and it’s like, what part of Jennifer is the same as 10 years ago? The only thing I have to hold on to is my voice.”
Hudson sports Beaded silk dress, Diane von Furstenberg, $950, Stretch slip, Spanx, $72. Gold and diamond bangles, Roberto Coin.

ARETHA FRANKLIN
  


Franklin speaks on her wardrobe for her tour, "I am going to rock this [size] 16. Sixteen probably sounds large to girls who wear 10s and 12s, but I love it, because it looks good on me.”


No comments:

Post a Comment